Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not Being Lazy is Hard

Even pushing myself to get this blog started wasn't easy so I'm hoping that this blog will force me to make advances toward my ultimate goal of starting a video game non-profit that produces AAA socially conscious games. Sound like a crazy idea? Makes me sad that even I answer that question with a "Yes" most of the time. I gotta keep reminding myself though that everything starts off small and crazy sounding. Even the name "Wii" sounded ridiculous when it was first announced (still does in my opinion), but now people don't give it a second thought, hell even embrace the name.

I'm just so lazy, I wished the socially conscious game genre was already established so I could easily apply for a game programming position. I enjoy working at my current job as a game programmer for an entertainment game company, but working at a socially conscious game company would be ideal. Guess I might just have to start one sometime in the future if I can't find one. Easier said than done though...I'm lazy.

No comments: